Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stark Waving Mad

I ran into an old friend Monday night who I hadn't seen in a while. Turns out that although I hadn't seen him, he on the other hand had seen me at least three times a week since last August. Apparently I have been passing him on the road on my way to drop Adam off at school with no clue that he had made multiple attempts to get my attention on more than one occasion. Luckily he didn't take my complete lack of recognition as a sign that he should take a hike and instead understood when I explained Adam's complete ignorance of time which leaves me scrabbling to make it to his school before the bell rings every single morning. I still felt guilty for the slight and decided to rectify it yesterday morning.

Adam and I get in the car and head out to school. It's raining one of those kinds of rains where you don't need your wipers but the window is still a bit wet so it's a little hard to see. Immediately the very first car I throw out a wave...but that may have been a women...so the next car gets a wave....but I think that was teenager with the same kind of hair.....about the fourth or fifth car that passes it hits me that I have no idea what kind of car this guy drives so I start analyzing everyone coming from the other direction, but just when I think it's not him something clicks and I end up waving. I'm basically waving at every car that passes us like Gomer Pyle flagging down customers at the local 7-11. The worst part is I have no idea if I even passed this guy so now it's like I get a case of turrets every morning between 7:30 & 7:40. It's like I'm on a parade float and I'm thanking the crowd as I make my way through the town square

Tonight's Chips Off The Ole Blockhead:
# Still thinking about that bacon Mandy got me for Valentine's Day. Thinking about freezing the other pack, but I'm really torn about it.
# One of the reasons I write this blog is to share with the boys what we went through while they were growing up. That includes talking about historical moments in time. This week we lost one of the most beautiful voices every to grace this planet. Whitney Houston was an icon in which the world will never see another like.

No comments: