Sunday, June 29, 2008
We planned the entire day out so that he'd be at his best when the movie started at exactly 4:30. Lucy ran him around the park during a local festival in the morning, I stepped up to the plate and hit a home run with a two hour nap, and then a good lunch made for a really great mood for Fred. So how did it go? Well if you subtract the fact that he stuck his hand in a urinal that hadn't been flushed in God knows how long (I made sure the water was hot for that particular hand washing). Add points for getting there just as the previews were starting. Subtract a point for forgetting that the previews lasted half an hour. And then sorta erase the parts where he shook the crap out of the empty seat in front of us and the fact he/I watched the last 20 mintues (which were about how long the previews lasted) from the entrance ramp. Overall I'd say it was a roaring success!!!
Fred loved the movie, didn't get scared during the Journey To The Center Of The Earth preview (which was an idiotic thing to put in front of a G rated movie to start with! I mean you've got an entire room full of 2-4 year-olds and you decide a scene where T-Rex is trying to eat a kid is ok?), and most of all impressed his parents with his ability to eat half a bag of popcorn. It was such a great success that our next movie just may be this one.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
My DVR is packed with such movies as:
- Blades Of Glory
- Disney's The Kid (love Bruce Willis!)
- The 300
- Hot Fuzz
- Ocean's Thirteen
- Batman Vs. Dracula
- The Game Plan
- The Good Year
This is just the movies! Mixed in are episodes of:
- Law & Order: SVU (5 Episodes!)
- The Spectacular Spiderman
- Greensboro (Awesome new show)
- Extreme Home Makeover(100th episode!)
- Plus the usual assortment of kiddy shows like The Wonder Pets, Backyardigans, Max & Ruby, etc...
Then there are the books that I keep picking up and taking home to collect dust:
- Brother Odd (Dean Koontz)
- The Husband (Dean Koontz)
- Peace Like A River
- Boomsday (The story of a blogger who convinces Washington that they can save a ga-billion dollars by giving incentives to Baby Boomers in return for commiting suicide at the age of 75)
- One Mississippi
- The Historian
- Plus an entire bookcase of paperbacks I was given late last year and the Entertainment Weekly I go running to the mailbox for every Friday
All of this and 60 free music downloads that Lucy and I have received recently. For some reason I just can't say no to a good piece of Pop Culture and so at the moment I find myself drowning in a sea fun. Maybe you can help ole faithful reader. If you see something I listed above that totally stinks, drop me a line so I can scratch it off my To-Do-When-There's-Nothing-To-Do-List.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Friday, June 06, 2008
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
- Do you still like Black People? (From a black person so don't send me hate mail)
- Did you get your hair cut at the same place as the cat?
- Wish I had the balls to do that...on second thought I'm glad I don't.
- What day do you leave for Basic Training?
- Can you move a little to the left, the glare off your head is making it hard to see
- WoW! You are taking this Charlie Brown thing to heart aren't you.
- WHAT DID YOU DO!! (From Lucy and most everyone else)
With all of these attempts at humor at my expense flying overhead, I've had time to craft a witty comeback: "My flux capasitor ran out of Uranium and I barely had to steal some so I could get back to 1802 and save the Doc. The radiation caused my hair to fall out, but lucky for him I was able to time a lightning bolt to hit a clock tower thus sending me back in time." What do you think? I know it needs more work. I gave it a shot but missed it by a......hair.