Monday, May 28, 2012

In Mememorial

Today is Memorial Day. With all the swirling chaos that constantly surrounds us, it's easy to understand why we might forget what this day means. All too often we take for granted the freedoms so many died to protect.

I am not a soldier, yet I have known some great men who were. I've seen the faces of their families as they describe what their loved ones are going through overseas. I've heard the cries of those who have gotten the news nobody should ever have to hear.

It's with all of this in mind that Mandy & I set aside part of the day to talk with Adam about the true meaning of Memorial Day. To teach him that we are only free because of the men that fought for that freedom. Soon after with flags in hand, Adam & Alex spent an hour marching to patriotic songs all through the house.

God Bless America

No comments: