Tuesday, May 08, 2012

I'm Virbra! What's Your Sign?

Since I started getting the paper delivered to my door on a daily basis, I've become addicted to the comics page and the horoscope section. Sometimes I like to read my horoscope in the morning, sometimes I like to read it at the end of the day just to see if they got it right. The thing that I don't get about these little bits of wisdom is how do they pinpoint the exact day you switch signs. I mean where do they (whoever they are that come up with these things) decide that if you (like myself) are born on Sept 22 at 11:59:59 you are a Virgo, but one second later you are suddenly a Libra. For an industry built around being as vague as humanly possible that seems like a very specific line in the sand. Instead of pondering this mystery of the universe, I simply work around this conundrum by reading both the Virgo and Libra fortunes and picking out which one I like best. Let's look at today's:

Virgo:
Avoid passionate discussions with romantic partners today. People are entrenched in their views, and they are very jealous as well. Be cool.

Libra:
Impulsiveness and emotional outbursts with family members will be the order of the day. Therefore, tread carefully! A small comment could escalate into a messy scene.

Essentially the above say the same thing i.e. "if not careful you are going to get in a fight with someone you live with" so if given a choice between the two today I'm a Libra. After all I'd much rather argue with Adam aka "a family member" than Mandy otherwise known as "my romantic partner"

No comments: