Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'll Take This Call In My Office

I'm sure it happens to all of us and sometimes I go in there just to get away from the noise that constantly swirls around my 2 year-old. Then again there are times when I'm not doing it and somebody else is, so it sounds like I am.

I'm sure you have no clue what I'm talking about so I'm just going to spell it out..sometimes I talk on the phone while using the bathroom. There I admitted it. Sometimes I just can't hold it and I gotta take care of business while taking care of business. Perfect example: Phone rings last week, I pick it up, it's somebody I've been wanting to talk to all day, suddenly out of the blue my stomach goes Code Red, the 30 second warming sounds, and not wanting to end the conversation for fear of not being able to get the person back on the line afterward, I simply turn on the sink and finish my conversation.

Then there are times when I'm just walking through the hall and somebody flushes the toilet as I walk past. To the person on the other end of the phone I'm positive they think I'm the one that got caught taking a call in the conference room, but actually I'm just a victim of circumstances. In fact I've even gone as far as putting a phone in the bathroom just in case somebody comes calling the same time Mother Nature does. Trust me it happens more times than you want to know.

I have this obsessive compulsive thing about email and phone calls. No matter where I'm at (the men's room at work) no matter what I'm doing (or which number) I must answer the phone. The house could be on fire and if I heard the email chime on the way out the door, I'd probably stop to see who just left me a message on Myspace.

So the next time you call (which after this post my phone may never ring again) don't ask where I'm at cause you just might not want the answer to that question.

No comments: