Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blockhead Bits (#452)

Who cares about the Oscars? Where are these people you hear about marking their score cards and throwing parties in which invitees all sit around the tube on the edge of their seats just aching for last year's Supporting Actress to peel back the envelope and read off the name of some person we've never heard of from a movie we've never seen.....or plan to see for that matter. 

The Best Movies Of 2007

The Best of 2008 So Far

  • Cloverfield

The presidential candidate we should have all voted for, but never caught on appeared on SNL this past weekend. Check out him out!!

Why do I suddenly feel the need to vote for Barack Obama? Is it because I can't bring myself to vote for McCain? Yes, there's just something that scares me about him and I'm ready for the war to be over. Does the White House need another Clinton? No!!! We've seen what they can do and I'm tired of my presidents all having the same last names. Do I want to be part of a movement (any movement) so bad that I'm open to supporting someone who could become America's first black president regardless of what his politics are? Maybe. Would it matter if he looked like a zebra if it meant not voting for Hilary or McCain? No!!! I'd probably be wearing a "Vote For The Candidate That's Simply Black and White" button if it meant not voting for the alternatives.

Where do TV exec's get off canceling a show that ends in a cliffhanger? For month's we've waited for Delinda to have her baby only to see her crash to the floor at her wedding after finding blood on her hands and screaming for help..only to be told the next day that Las Vegas would not be returning. Why should I even bother watching new shows if 95% of them get whacked just when they start to get interesting?

When you find mud all over the back of your kids shirt and you realize he hasn't been outside all day, real fear takes a hold of you and you find yourself wishing you never had a nose to start with. One thing is for sure; that diaper requires a two-man plan of attack and everyone is going to get "shrapnel" on them.

Is there anything better than Chicken Spaghetti? Here's the recipe. Give it a try yourself and get back to me:

  • 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup spaghetti noodles,1/4 cup green peppers, 1/2 cup onion, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can of Rotel, 1 3/4 cups of grated cheddar cheese, 2 cups cooked chicken, 1/2 stick of margarine
  • Brown chicken in skillet till it's good and done
  • Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
  • Pour mixture into large pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese melts and top is lightly browned

After reading the Sunday paper and their Pulitzer Prize worthy � page expose on high school locker decorations I've decided maybe the Church isn't the only thing having trouble connecting with the rest of the world. Though I do love me a good Dilbert Cartoon and will probably cry when FBOFW ends this September.

Tivo is a gift from the heavens. Anything that can allow me to pull up a weeks worth of Blues Clues at will and fast forward through commercials while watching Lost (thus avoiding "What tha!?!?!" being said only once rather than every 15 minutes) can only be described as miraculous and the best thing to happen to families since babies.

2 comments:

Darren said...

I think I agree with you on the election. McCain doesn't excite me, but I think Obama could be a good change. If Hillary is the Democratic candidate though, I'll vote for McCain.

Jim said...

Little Miss Sunshine was great!

And I think I'll hit Cloverfield tomorrow night, since I haven't seen it, yet. If I don't do it now, I'll never see it. I'm still trying to figure out when I'll watch Blair Witch...