Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Open Mouth Insert Sock

Some may remember Socks our outside cat that disappeared a couple years back shortly after having three of the meanest kittens ever. To help Adam get through it we told him that she found an inside family and still loves him very much. Just off the cuff on the way home I blurted out that I thought I saw her. Suddenly Adam starts bawling like no tomorrow.

The crying lasted all the way home, the whole time he was getting ready for bed, and was still going on after lights out. Nothing Mandy or I said could make it better....but I know what may have made it worse.

Gigi asked me to walk him down to her place so she could try and calm him down. Noticing his feet and suffering from my typical lack of filter, I blurted out "Aren't you hot? Why don't you get rid of those socks"

As I was saying it I was literally trying to pick up the words as they dripped out. He of course cried out "We got rid of Socks!!!". That's why I'm a blockhead.

No comments: