Monday, June 25, 2012

The Cross In The Dark (Author's Notes)

I know it's kinda odd to be sharing my thoughts on what were essentially my thoughts to begin with although I really tried to tell is as if it were almost a short story. The canoe trip took place weeks ago and that cross has practically haunted me ever since I saw it. I just can't shake that image of what it must look like standing out along that creek bank at midnight with those solar lights shining on that cross.

For weeks the words and phrases were churning around inside, yet I put off writing about it until everything fit nice together. When it was finally time to put word to page, it really came to gather with very little editing. I have to say it's one of the most special posts I've ever written and I hope it shows how much effort I put into it.

No comments: