Monday, June 18, 2012

A Little Ribbing Goes A Long Way

As I may have mentioned yesterday, all I asked for on Father's Day was to go out to eat ribs and come back in time to watch the back nine of the golf tournament. Thanks to my awesome family I got just that.

For lunch we went to Ricks and immediately I dug into a full slab. As a bonus I discovered my favorite new drink, the fruit tea. So I'm sitting there and things start to get a little tricky mainly because the ribs were a little fatter than I like, but super tasty none the less. I'm twisting them a bit. Pulling them a bit. Suddenly out of no where I lose my grip and literally fling a rib halfway across the room. Sometimes embarrassing things happen to you and nobody ever sees. This was not one of those times.

The rib goes flying across the room and immediately Mandy busts out laughing. While giving thanks that it didn't hit a passing waitress, I then have make the walk of shame to pick it up off the floor. Trying to keep as much of what little dignity I had left all the while.

On the way home Mandy starts giving me looks and at a stop sign says I have something in my hair. As I glanced up into the rearview mirror , I realize the ribs were so good I apparently decided to store some in my hair until later.

No comments: