Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Ride On The Fu Man Choo-Choo

We took Fred out to our fav all you can eat Chinese restaurant last week. I have this 4-plan attack I stick with every time. Trip 1) Wonton Soup, Egg Roll, Peanut Butter Chicken. Trip 2) Fried Rice foundation then everything that will fit on the plate piled on top with a chicken stick layered in for balance. Trip 3) Tai Noodles with a scoop of salt n’pepper shrimp mixed in. Trip 4) Cheese Wontons. Call me predictable. Say I’m in a rut. I don’t care, cause my plan always leaves me so full I can’t breathe afterward.

Anyway last week Fred kept freaking out every time the Chinese dude that collects the empty plates kept walking by. He eyed that guy all over the restaurant and whenever he came near Fred would start bouncing up and down, waving his arms, while calling “EEEWWW EEEWWWW EEEEEWWWW!!! UNNHHH UNNNNHHH!!!”

We were all “I know you’re a friendly baby, but there’s no way we are going to just let some random Chinese guy carry you around. For all we know he will try to show you off to the kitchen staff and then you’ll know they are feeding us dog.” Not that that would stop me from eating there, I just prefer to have some things kept from me is all.

It was so weird that Lucy brought it up while dropping him off at The Hill the next day (Fred, not the Chinese waiter). It turns out the lunch lady has been letting him ride in the bottom of her serving cart after lunch is over. (Again Fred…not the Chinese waiter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I think the Hill has another favorite! He looks so big boy in that picture of him in the wagon! I can't believe it..he won't be "Baby Fred" much longer! Amy