Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why I'm A Blockhead. Example #249

I mention over in my "About Me" section that sometimes I have a tendency to do things so aggravating…. so frustrating…so mind numbingly dumb that the shear terror of the event is completely wiped from my brain.

I had a great day going for me. Perfect weather. Lunch with the very pregnant Lucy. Good day at the office. Too good to be true.

Lucy had stopped and picked up this years car tags. You know what I'm talking about right? One sticker for the month and another sticker for the current year.

I'm not that great at listening and I have a tendency to hear "waw waw waw waw waw waw waw" when actually the person is really saying something important like "Sir your hair is on fire"

Anyway Lucy gives me the stickers, a kiss goodbye, and a "make sure waw waw waw waw waw". Lucy left, I slapped the stickers on, and off I went back to work.

Now I sing so bad that the mere sound of my performance has been know to make a cat shed all it's hair in the middle of winter. Except apparently when I'm in the car by myself. There's something about that little enclosure that makes me think that if Randy, Simon, and Paula were sitting in that back seat they would steer me straight to Hollywood.

It was in the middle of my performance of "Still Unwritten" by Natasha Beddingfield that I began to decipher the final part of Lucy's instructions.

"Make sure you put the stickers in the right spots."

I said to myself with a "that poor miss guided silly silly woman" chuckle "What kinda moron puts the $80 car tag stickers in the wrong place? Like somebody would place "07" over the month so instead of "Feb" "07" it ends up "07" "06""

Well a moron didn't do it…. A blockhead did.

1 comment:

WILLIAM said...

Waw waw waaw happens to all of us.

Couple more days....good luck.