Thursday, March 16, 2006

Have I Mentioned My Other 3 Children?

We have 3 cats…. Buttons and Sassy on the inside, and BooBoo Kitty on the outside.
I'm not sure when it happened but at some point within the past eight years our animals have turned into 2-year-old children.

I know that they are 2 because I've heard from "real" parents and what they have experienced with their "real" sons and daughters at that age. I've been warned of temper tantrums so loud that the very foundations of the house have cracked. Tall tales of nightmares experienced by parents after hours of screaming "Get down, put that down, come down here, let go, let's go, stay here, stop that, and stand up!!"

I find myself saying the same things to our "children" every 5 minutes.

I don't think the problem is anything they are doing out of the ordinary. The problem is that our "real" son is a week away and our "babies" have turned back into cats.

No comments: