Friday, March 17, 2006

The Birth of "BAM!" or "The last weekend"

It’s official Monday 20th is the day Baby Fred arrives. Which means that this is the last Charlie/Lucy weekend for the next 18 years. Now before you say it, I know we will be alone together at some point within the next 6 months. The thing is, once the baby comes we may be alone together but we will also be keeping one brain wave on what Fred is doing without us.

In case your wondering, if you take the first letter of our first names and put them together it spells BAM!!! The funny thing is that’s exactly the sound I’m hearing in the distance. It’s soft right now but it’s definitely there and getting louder every day.
BAM…BAM…BAM… and by Monday morning I’ll be rolling over slowly, checking out the room, trying to hold on to the last frames of a good dream and then…BAM!!!! my life will change.

What’s on the agenda for the last weekend? We thought about renting all the movies we’ve missed the last few months and trying to become one with the sofa. Then we thought about going out and having one last bash with the friends. A short trip would be nice. Maybe pickup a few “last weekend” gifts for ourselves.

All of these were talked about…but like it normally does, reality set in and it looks to be a normal weekend around the Blockhead house. I saw a few spiders this week, so I need to spray around outside. Lucy is going to a baby shower. That knocks out Saturday morning. I’ve got one last piece of baby furniture to assemble. We just received a new computer and the directions need to read so I can start spamming people with baby pictures. It was somebody’s birthday so a trip to the grandparents on Sunday will kill any plans for that day.

After 8 years together, I guess for us … the best weekends are the ones spent just living life and not being locked away in front of a TV or in a car on the road to some mall. Sure those things are nice, but can they compare to assembling a bassinet and watching your wife’s eyes light up? Is there anything more fun then new parents emailing baby pictures to relatives that live far away? I can’t think of any other way I would want to spend my “last weekend”. Just the two of us living life like there’s no tomorrow. Trying to pack in as many things in a 48hour period as possible.

So, just to see who’s out there…Now that you’ve seen how we are spending our “last weekend”. How would you or did you spend yours? (Comments please!!! I wanna see who’s reading!!)

P.S. I will try to make at least one post next week but I think I’ll have my hands full.
I promise to get back on a regular schedule as soon as I can.

No comments: