Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New-Monia

Yes I know I spelled it wrong, but it seems to fit considering we've never been through it before. The yard sale this past weekend went fantastic and after letting Fred play outside all day Sat. as we sold our old junk, there was only one thought that kept going through our heads the moment the fever/vomiting kicked in Sun. night "We Broke Him!!!" 

After a night filled with two rounds of clean sheets for our bed and only 4 non-sequential hours of sleep, Fred leaping up at 6:30 a.m. begging to play was a blessing. The Doc gave him a shot, let us know that a temp of 105 though dangerous isn't something to be too frightened of, and sent us on our way.

Fred is fine and will be back to normal in a couple of days. This may not even put a damper on his Trick and Treating. I do need to speak a moment (cause that's all the time I've got) about the shot they gave him. I don't know if it was some type of steroid or mind altering drug or what, but my baby changed. By changed I mean my hyper normal 1 1/2 year-old turned into something out of a comic book. As if bitten by a radioactive spider he instantly gained super speed, a enhanced vocabulary, out of this world strength, and the ability to stay awake for days at a time without touching head to pillow. At one point he ran so fast he literally split in two and started playing catch with himself. I'm thinking about faking his illness just so I can get a shot to keep up with him.

Normally we play a standard zone defense. Lucy takes one end of the room/house, I take the other, and we bounce him back & forth as he comes near us. Always keeping him in "play" and never letting him stray out of sight (or out of bounds as we call it). Since new-monia arrived we are playing man-on-man and still getting dunked on left & right. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!!!

No comments: