Thursday, May 11, 2006

I Know What You're Thinking Daddy


3:00 A. M. Wednesday:

“Hey Daddy. What are you doing?”
“You gonna put me in that rocking bed thingy aren’t you.”
“Buuuut Daddy, I was sleeping really good with you in that chair with the handle on the side.”
“Yep, here we go. Just like I thought.”
“ Don’t forget passy!”
“Good Daddy. Now hit the what-cha-ma-call-it that makes the bed feel like I’m sleeping on the clothes washing thing-a-ma-bob.”
“What are you doing now Daddy?”
“Oh your eyes are getting heavy. I know what you’re thinking. You think I’m gonna take a nap. Poor sleepy daddy.”
“I’ll tell ya what. I’ll just lay here with my eyes open and be very quiet so you can go to sleep.”
“Whaaaa!!!”
“Oh nothings wrong Daddy. You’ve just been asleep for a long time and I wanted to see if you were ok.”
“How long have you been asleep Daddy? Oh about 3 of those minute things”
“No, I’m ok. I’m just gonna lay here and watch these teddy bears dance in a circle.”
“Daddy how come the teddys don’t get dizzy? I am afraid they are gonna hurl on me, Daddy.”
“Daddy, I’m bored with this game. Surely you know I’m not gonna go to….”
“WHAAA!! Daddy wake up!! I am talking to you!! Rude, rude Daddy.”
“No!! I said I am tired of the teddys and passy has no taste! How come it’s not grape flavored or somethin’?”
“Ok Daddy now you are getting me steamed.”
“ I know, let’s go watch Conan. I hear he’s got Jeff Goldblum on the couch tonight.”
“DADDY!!!!! NO SLEEPING!!!”
“Whaaa… Oh hey Mommy!! You were over there the whole time?”
“Oh, so you wanna go watch Conan? Ok.”
“Daddy is such a poor listener.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mr. Blockhead, does the cuteness of this child ease the pain at all? He's adorable and it sounds like a bunch of trouble at the same time! : )