Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Blog Fog

This past week has been such a blur. We’ve had storms, birthday parties, Fred’s been waking up at weird times of the night, and to be honest the Angry blog took some of the wind out of my sails. I don’t want to dwell on it too much, but it was a very hard thing for me to write. I wrote it 3 days before I even posted it. I just kept it on file at work and kept going back to read it. Like a band aide on your leg, you’re gonna have to rip it off eventually and it might take a chunk of hair…but you can’t just leave it there forever.

It was something I felt I needed to put out in the ether. Every time I would go to delete it, I’d stop at the last second and promise myself to come back to it later. I even began saying things to members of my family like “I’ve got this blog and yes I know you think some of my stuff is fun, but this one is rough” or “Be aware that part of the reason I write the blog is to help other dads who might be going through the same thing. That means sometimes I may post things that seem harsh but are actually just me attempting to be as honest as I can about the new daddy thing”

So I posted it.

Things really have been busy for us the past week. We had a daycare all picked out, but due to some hidden concerns about the whole baby: babysitter ratio (which was about 8:2) we decided to go a different direction. Fred will now be taken care by an individual instead of an institution.

Anyway that captured every brain cell I had for 2 days. Lucy was supposed to go back to work but got a last minute pardon from the Governor. Unfortunately it was only for an extra week and then it’s back to the daily grind.

I got sick for a day due to a very late dinner at a questionable Mexican restaurant. I still have the jingle “GOTTA GO GOTTA GO GOTTA GO RIGHT NOW” bouncing around in my head.

We went to a Curious George birthday party and a college graduation party all in the same day. Both had cookies and cheetos.

So you see I really just haven’t been near the computer much. Which is a lie cause the truth is I’m looking at the blog everyday and I read about the Angry man…and I wonder if it should have been posted…

The good news is that I have been writing blogs in my head all week and they should start popping up fairly quickly for the next few days. I’m also a little concerned about weather or not anybody is reading my stuff. I’ve started a campaign to get visitors. I know that just because I’m not getting many comments doesn’t mean it’s not being seen.

Oh well if you’re out there give me a shout about “The Angry Blog” it might help me get past it.

No comments: