Monday, November 03, 2008

Excuse Me While I Adjust To The Time Change

I know everyone is just dying to hear about Broccoli's wedding that took place this past weekend, but so much took place that it will take me a few days to sort through it all. Plus I start the new job in morning and I've got all kinds of prep I've got to do in terms of how exactly my schedule is going to pan out (who thought that not calling your mother and wife every morning at 8:10 and 8:30 would be such a big deal). Hopefully I'll have the speech I gave and a video or two to share with you by the end of the week. For now I want to talk time change.

I know I talk about how insane the notion of changing the clocks is every year, but this time it has scarred my family for life. The below conversation took place this afternoon as Lucy was picking up Fred after work in what is now night time:

"Mommy why you not pick me up till dark outside?"
"Oh baby, this is the same time I pick you up everyday."
"But it dark out....Where's the moon?"
Scrambling for a way to let Fred know she didn't forget him while at the same time describing the demon time change she cleverly came up with "The moon is right there! Mommy would never forget you! You see when it starts getting cold outside the sun goes away and the moon comes out sooner!"
"Ooooooh ok!"

Thankfully he was happy with her answer although you just gotta know he was thinking we forgot him today.

No comments: