Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ode to a Carseat Carrier



Oh sweet detachable car seat carrier how I have loved thee.
With your large handle and little red release buttons.
You were always there to help get baby in and out and from room to room.
You were a part-time swing, a part-time cradle, and full time companion.

Now my dear tag along friend, it’s time to say goodbye.
Baby has gotten to big for you and needs a big kid car seat.
How I will miss being able to pop you out of your base allowing
baby to remain asleep as we walked from place to place.

While the future will be full of high chairs and strollers,
I will always remember our past together and how easy you made my life.
Every time I have to wake Fred just to get out of the car, I will long for those days of the quick release lever and your portable comfort ability.

Into the attic you now shall go, but you never know…another baby you may someday tote.

No comments: