Monday, June 26, 2006

Do We Always Get the Full Spelling?

Quiz time. What do these words have in common?
Where & Wear
Meet &Meat
There & Their
By & Bye
Stair & Stare
Give up? If I were to say them out loud…just the one word and nothing before or after it…would you know which one I was talking about? Would you be able to understand how that word is spelled? What the meaning behind it was? Would you be able to describe it? Is it a verb or a noun? An adjective or an adverb? What if I gave you the first couple of letters? Would that help? Probably not huh? You might form an opinion as to which word I meant? It might be correct…it might be incorrect.

People are like this too. You go around and you meet people. You live your life surrounded by family and friends and coworkers…and you base these relationships on what they show you. Do we always get the full spelling? Do we really know what is going on inside somebody’s heart?

See my problem is I think I may have spelled somebody’s name wrong. I think somebody is using multiple spellings. Appearing to be one way around myself, but revealing an alternate self to others. I’m now left with a decision to make. Nobody is forcing my hand yet, but I can feel a rock forming in my stomach silently demanding that a choice be made as to who I think this person is. Here’s the catch…once the choice is made a large part of my life will be change forever.

So what do I do? For now all I can thank of is to speak to the one person I do know the complete spelling of…GOD.

No comments: