Tuesday, October 02, 2012

I Have Moments

Life isn't always fair. I don't always get what I want. I don't travel more than a few miles a month. I've never been on an airplane. Never left the South. I have moments where I want to scream at the top of my lungs.

I won't make a million bucks this year. I sit at a desk from 8:00 until 5:00 and I'm proud just to have a job. I don't have a fancy car. I get three weeks of vacation each year and I've worked my tail off to get it.

I eat sandwiches for lunch five days a week. Date night always ends with a trip to Target. The majority of my clothes come from the clearance rack. My shoes cost eight dollars.

Life isn't always fair. I don't always get what I want...but I've got a little boy that loves to give wet hugs after bath time. A first grader that will never realize how funny he truly is. A wife that always takes my breathe away with her laughter and sweet kisses.

My house is more often then not full of music, dancing, and silliness. Every morning I take my boys to school, meet then at the door that afternoon, and tuck them into bed each night.

Life isn't always fair. I don't always get what I want. I don't travel more than a few miles a month. I've never been on an airplane. Never left the South. Yet none of that matters because I have moments where all I can do is hold my breath and thank God for blessing me with so much love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Charlie we needed that :)