Sunday, October 07, 2012

The Most Difficult Letter In The Alphabet

Why?

As a parent it's the toughest question to answer. One that I get asked nearly every single day.

Why do we not have cats anymore?
Why are the clouds all smushed together?
Why did they say mean things to me?

Half the time you don't know why yourself. You either give them the standard one word answer because or you give it your best shot and hope they buy it.

The cats were called to heaven.
Those are winter clouds. Summer clouds are more fluffy and spread further apart.
Sometimes people say mean things to make themselves feel better.

I don't think we ever stop asking the question of why things happen or are what they are.

Why can't I ever get ahead?
Why did I just not keep my mouth shut instead of hurting her feelings?
Why am I always so tired?

Sometimes the answers are right in front of your face....

It's just not my time. With hard work comes great reward.
Because being honest is part of my DNA. I can never lie no matter what.
Maybe it has something to do with staying up all night and eating junk food.

These are the easy ones though...it's the tough ones that keep you up at night.

Why do people have to die?
Why does God let bad things happen?

As a parent these are the ones you dread hearing because in all honesty they are the ones you ask yourself late at night when it's just you, the ticking of the clock, and complete and utter darkness.


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

It's hard to explain faith to a child. It's not always easy to grasp it as an adult. We do though...we tie ourselves to it in hopes our faith will drag us out of despair and into the bright shining light of Heaven above.

Why? I don't why. What I do know is that there is an all powerful God above who has plans for his people and all we have to do is believe.

Hebrews 10:22
"let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water."

No comments: