Monday, September 24, 2012

Getting A KICK Out Of Life

I hate to admit it but my resolution to post everyday was not very realistic. Honestly we are so busy theses days it's a wonder I find time to eat...okay that's a bit of a stretch, but not by much. 1st grade is a ton of work and apparently The Hill has started sending work home for Alex a few times a week. To make the week even more challenging, Adam has started playing soccer and I got drafted to be assistant coach. I'm okay with it though. Quite honestly (and some people are going to roll in their grave when they hear this) I really enjoy it. In fact it's becoming a highlight of my week.

Growing up the only time you would find me getting close to a ball was when I was getting hit face first by one in third period gym class. I hated being outside and was literally locked out of the house on multiple occasions (although now that I'm a parent I have to question what the real motivations behind that were). Twenty four years later I'm taking hikes, going canoeing, and walking to the park every chance I get.

I think a lot of it comes from having two boys. After all we watch the same cartoons, laugh at the same jokes, and generally wish we could just walk around punching random people in the stomach, so why shouldn't we also share the same love of the great outdoors.

No comments: