Monday, September 27, 2010

Facebook Killed The Blog Star

The worst part about writing a blog on a weekly basis is the guilt that comes from ignoring it. The main reason I ignore it isn't so much that I'm writing 6 other articles a week that actually pay me something, but that Facebook doesn't require me to finish a thought. Here whenever I have an idea I have to think it out, turn it around in my head a few times, and edit, edit, edit. On Facebook I can say things like " I wish everything had bungee cord attached to it" and leave it at that. On Charlie that sentence would lead to a list of all things I want bungee cord on like the remote, utensils, the laptop....not that I haven't thought about it, but it's not something I'm ready to commit to in writing.

So for those of you out there who keep asking where I'm at, I'm still here and I'm going to keep posting. The posts may just take on a smaller format.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

So true. I blogged much more faithfully before I became a facebook addict. And, yes, blogging requires much more time to develop thoughts in a publishable form.

The Father of Five said...

Not to mention the time that facebook takes up...

I'm with you on that one..

WOW! Jeff from Backside of 40 is here too!! How awesome!!

What is kind of cool are the smaller circles of like minded bloggers within the huge blogsphere!!