Sunday, March 01, 2009

10 Signs Of Aging I Wish I Didn't Have

Once again I find myself in between freelance writing jobs and though at first I welcomed the break, now after only a month I've suddenly discovered that all this extra time has left me feeling a bit old. I'm looking at things differently, hesitating when I used to charge in head first, and dare I say....finally becoming an adult! I decided to list the changes:

  1. I'm incredibly excited when I discover my mailbox contains the latest issue of Family Circle.....and not just because of the great recipes either. I'm actually reading the articles.
  2. I can't seem to stay awake past 10 without taking a short nap first
  3. I'm biting my tongue. I used to see something I thought was wrong or disagreed with and immediately begin telling the offender why they were wrong. Now I simply say something nice and keep my opinion to myself.
  4. My DVR is set to record Jeopardy every day.
  5. Sunday isn't complete without watching CBS Sunday Morning. I love the nature scenes and the tales of how life used to be.
  6. I can't sit the same way too long or my ankle begins to hurt for hours at a time.
  7. I'm always watching, reading, or listening to the news and can talk hours about the weather.
  8. I'm always barking "WE NEED TO EAT AT HOME AND QUIT RUNNING THE WHEELS OFF THE CAR!"
  9. I'm thinking about dying the grey out of my hair.
  10. The moment I hear it's 55 or below outside I cancel all my plans and begin telling people I think I'm coming down with something.

No comments: