Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Catching Up

After a week of poison ivy and the subsequent roid rage I experienced afterward trying to get rid of it, I decided to take a week off from blogging….well sort of. The BOB’s are still going on for another month and I’m looking at about 50+ blogs a day. I think all the critiquing of my fellow bloggers made me look too close at Charlie. Sure I keep up with who’s reading, but I’ve never let numbers dictate what or when I write. Overall the whole “freelance writing” thing has pretty much dried up for me for the moment. The people I normally turn to for work don’t currently have anything and after a couple of months of not being able to scratch up any of my own (most blogging jobs receive an average of 500-2000 applicants per day) I decided last week to quit putting so much effort into finding good paying part-time work and start focusing on getting a better paying 8-5.

Meanwhile I’ve got a couple great adventures to share this week including one about what happens in Time-Out when nobody is looking and another concerning Fred’s growing need to be the opposite of everyone else. First off though I need to clean house and take care of a couple of things namely The Top 5 Consequences Of My Steroid Use and I was given an Excellent Blog Award!!!

As an Excellent Blog Award Winner(which has nothing to do with the Best Of Blog awards I'm working on) I must do two things 1) I must acknowledge the person who gave me the award with some linky love (thank you my darling Weird Girl) and 2) I get to pass the award on to ten of my favorite bloggers which must in turn do the same as I and countless other recipients have done. So here we go in no particular order:

1. Adventure Dad

2. Poop N Boogies

3. Sarah And The Goon Squad

4. Jules

5. I Think This World Is Perfect

6. Jim’s Running Commentary

7. Child’s Play X 2

8. Father Of Five

9. Mitch McDad

10. Dad Stuff

Some of these are my favorites because they are from my area of the country, others are funnier than I will every be. Either way most of these I check out on a daily basis. So pass on the linky love. Now on to……

The Top 5 Consequences Of My Steroid Use

  1. I actually told the Wednesday night Bible Class for young married couples “The Love You Make Is The Love You Take”
  2. Par’d my first hole of golf ever!! Followed by my second par ever on the next hole!! Followed by a couple of nice bogey’s a few holes later!! Must have been the extra muscle I was putting behind the ball
  3. Got into a huge un-provoked argument with Lucy over why I can never wake her up in the morning.
  4. Lucy got a nice bouquet of flowers for “no reason at all”
  5. Inability to sleep allowed me to clear my Tivo To Do List. Thus leaving me worried that I might be caught with a spare moment in which I have nothing to watch and consequently filling it back up with reruns of House and episodes of Law & Order SVU

5 comments:

WILLIAM said...

Glad to see you nominated. Very Cool.

Childsplayx2 said...

Thanks, dude! I'm honored!

Julie Young said...

I had no idea there were that many aplicants for blogging jobs. That is crazy!
P.S. Thanks for the nomination. :)

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Hey! Thanks!

Dad Stuff said...

Thanks for the nod.
I appreciate the support.