Sunday, July 16, 2006

Entertainment Weekly

My subscription to EW is running out this week. Ending in a big “double issue”. That’s just code for “we are taking a week off” These are always devoted to lists nobody gives a crap about. “Special Double Issue!!! The 50 Greatest Product Placements!!” “EW Special Edition: The 25 Most Awesome Movie’s That You Could Care Less About!!”

I think we severely over use the exclamation mark in this country. If you’d like another example tune into next weeks blog entitled “100 Greatest Overboard Uses of The Exclamation Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

I’ve been fooled into believing that I couldn’t live without this magazine for the past several years. After all how do you truly have any entertainment without being told what should entertain you. That all ends this week. Recently I’ve found where true entertainment comes from. My family.

Superman Returns came out next week and I was dieing to see it…that is, I was dieing to see it for about 15 seconds every time I saw a promo for it. In those 15 seconds you’d be amazed at what ran through my head.

*OH HERE IS THE NEW SUPERMAN MOVIE!!
*IT LOOKS SOOOOO AWESOME.
*I GOTTA GO SEE IT. WHEN DOES IT COME OUT.
*Yea that would be cool…Fred will love it.
*Fred can’t go to movie, he’s only 3 month’s old.
*We could get a babysitter.
*He’s already at daycare all day.
* It’s just a couple of hours. I guess we could go. It’s not like we’d be gone all day.
* So it’s settled we’ll go next Saturday…we’ll get up watch cartoons, give him a bath, clean house, show him how to play with his new baby gym…then we’ll just leave for 3 hours.
* We’ll still have Sunday to spend with him.
* We’ll go to Church, eat lunch together, cut a little grass, take a nap, visit with grandpa, go back to Church, go eat dinner with friends…what was it I was wanting to do?

So I have decided to subscribe to Lucy and Fred Daily. It even comes with a few free gifts that nobody else can offer.

No comments: