Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh Father

I could write a post about how Mother's Day and the week long ramp up to it is ridiculous compared to Father's Day. I could tell tales of dads I know who didn't even get a $4 Hallmark card. This isn't that kind of post though.

This is post to say thank you to Mandy and the boys for my new wallet. For paying attention when I said I dropped the old one in the creek last weekend. For painting me a picture of an owl to hang on my wall. For a day filled with grilled ribs, the best fruit tea I've had in a while, and letting me watch golf all evening.

This is a post to say thank you to the Angry Man for taking a deep breath every now and then to show us he had a sense of humor. To let my Dad know how much I enjoy our weekly chats which always leave me feeling better about life. To pray for both my Grandpa Hamm and PawPaw Beck; neither of whom I see that often but I think about on a daily basis. It is because of these men that I am able to be a good father to my children.

This is also a post to say thank you to my father in heaven who sacrificed his only son so we may live. Through him all things are possible and because of him no situation is ever as hopeless as it seems. Happy Father's Day.

No comments: